Ulection is a social network that modernizes how candidates run for office and how people share with the locations in which they live. On Ulection, posts and events are organized by topic, type, and location so that it is easy to find the events taking place where you live and what people in your area and college campus are discussing. Additionally, your candidates and elected officials (once they sign up and verify their profile) show up on their respective location page. Now people can simply go to their location page, view and interact with their candidates and officials, and learn about events and what is being discussed in their area. There is also an option to join a candidate's campaign! When citizens are engaged on Ulection, candidates will more effectively be able to reach us as they can share issues, interviews, speeches, and events directly to their constituents. This will allow better candidates to win primaries and general elections and will increase voter turnout as young people will be informed, engaged, and empowered to go out and vote. Continue reading to learn more...
1) Candidates, elected officials, and citizens can target their posts directly to their city, county, state, college campus, followers, or the nation as a whole.
2) Every post is tagged to a topic. Posts can be issues, interviews, speeches, polls, and events. This creates a profile which showcases all of the topics you have posted on. People can view your profile, sort through your topics, and quickly learn where you stand on the issues.
3) Candidates and officials who sign up are organized in to their respective location, office, and election so they are accessible and easy to discover. Simply enter your location information and have access to candidates, officials, posts, and events.
4) You can join a candidate’s campaign. Ulection connects campaigns with volunteers, media, and venues.
5) Candidates have access to a team messaging tool which allows for efficient collaboration with volunteers. (feature coming soon)
6) You can view the demographics of those who rate your posts so you can learn how your views are perceived throughout your community. (feature coming soon)
7) Political and social organizations have a dedicated space to spread their message directly to the communities they serve.
8) Citizens can select to become a journalist. Once verified they have access to share news stories. This will help people find and consume national and local news. (feature coming soon)
More Information About Ulection:
Interview: San Diego Union Tribune
Interview: Harvard Political Review
Interview: Virginia Tech's Collegiate Times
Interview: Purdue's The Communicator
Interview: Mount Saint Mary's The Athenian Print
Medium: Why We Need A Social Network For Politics
If you support our work, please donate so we can continue to grow. Your donations are essential to our success and organizing efforts.
Spread the Word:
Invite your friends, colleagues, family, and politicians so that we can grow Ulection organically.
Michael Henne Founder & Executive Director
Daniel Alvidrez Developer